Last weekend the Pilots weekend took place at Quinta Hall, Weston Rhyn in Shropshire (near Wrexham). When I arrived for 8am breakfast on Sunday morning in Severn Lodge there were 70 young people and leaders wandering in all directions – but all ending up at the tables with cereals and toast laid out. The marmalade didn’t make an appearance Sunday morning....due to the mishap discovered on Saturday when the concentrate that usually gets plenty of sugar and water added to generate jars of marmalade was deemed too “sharp” to eat.
The photo is a snapshot of the worship and Bible focus session based on the theme of the weekend “Olympics”. A wide game afterwards involved all who were willing to join in the fun and as the weather was gloriously sunny it meant that a huge amount of fun and running around was had by all (with the exception that the leaders were walking!). Please pray for....
• the 11 Pilot companies across our Synod working with children and young people
• the leaders needed to resource each company of Pilots, and for new leaders to come forward, and encouragement for those who are currently giving so much to work with Pilots in their area
• other congregations within the Synod to discover the ready (non-uniformed) resource that exists in the Pilots materials and structure, and the support available to get going
• all those congregations who are able to share the Christian faith with children and young people through activities in schools, in church, and in community activities; and for those who are exploring possibilities for doing so
• the regional Pilots leaders and Leo (our CYDO) as they prepare a Pilots event to run alongside Synod on 8th October this year [do make sure Pilots companies have the date in the diary, but this is also an event for any children from our congregations to experience a bigger occasion]