equipping the people of God
The Ministries Committee seeks to provide programmes, learning opportunities, and support to ministries within the church, both lay and ordained. This includes Lay Training, Church Related Community Work, and Ministers of Word and Sacraments, both Stipendiary and Non Stipendiary.
It is also responsible for guiding those candidating for ministries within the NW Synod of the URC.
Working alongside the committee are our Learning and Development Officers, with remits for Lay Training and Education for Ministry (EM).
Functions of the Synod Ministry Committee
- Selection and pastoral oversight of candidates for ministerial training
- Overseeing the training of ministers
- Maintaining active links with the training institutions used by the United Reformed Church, particularly those located in the Synod
- Overseeing the work of the Ministers’ Training and Development officer
- Setting and monitoring the ministerial training budget in consultation with the Treasurer
- Encouraging recruitment for all forms of ministerial service
- Appointing the members of and overseeing the ministries advocacy sub-group
is God’s mission
the strong should help the weak
we belong to each other