Mission and Discipleship Network
it’s what we do
The Mission and Discipleship Network is responsible to oversee the Mission and Discipleship strategy of our Synod. Its remit aims to ensure Mission and Discipleship is the purpose behind everything we do.
The Committee meets as required about once each quarter. Its membership is is detailed below. The Missional Discipleship staff team and the Synod Development Officers attend and take a full part in meetings of the Network.
Functions of the Mission and Discipleship Committee
- Oversight of the Synod’s missional discipleship strategy
- Co-ordinating the Synod’s focus on enabling and equipping all the members of all the churches in the Synod to be disciples – “living the life of Jesus today”
- Facilitating the identification and development of personal vocations, including the training of lay preachers and worship leaders, elders and local leaders
- Oversight of the Synod’s Missional Discipleship Team
- Oversight of the Synod’s work with children and young people and, in particular, of the work of the Children and Youth Development Officer
M&D Staff Members
is God’s mission
the strong should help the weak
we belong to each other